The Opportunity Council’s board of directors elected officers at their April 22 meeting in Bellingham.
The 2021-22 board officers are:
- President: Mark Tompkins, San Juan County Health & Community Services
- Vice President: Rebecca Boonstra, East Whatcom Community Council
- Treasurer: Paul Stermer, Phillips 66 Ferndale Refinery
- Secretary: Ozell Jackson, Homebridge Financial Services
- Past President: Steve Jones, Nooksack Valley School District board member
- At Large: Thomas Boucher, North Coast Credit Union
The Opportunity Council is a community action agency governed by a volunteer board of directors equally representing the private, public and low-income sectors of Island, San Juan and Whatcom counties. The agency provides community programs that include housing, food resources, energy assistance, weatherization, early learning programs, child care resources and more.