NEW Northwest Center for Child Care Retention & Expansion
Opportunity Council and the Bellingham Regional Chamber of Commerce joined forces to open the new Northwest Center for Child Care Retention & Expansion in 2020. The Center provides business technical assistance, coaching, feasibility studies and planning to existing and would-be providers of child care, local businesses and policy-makers to assure the local child care market does not contract further and, as soon as possible, expands.
The five areas of focus for the Center are:
- Stabilizing the child care market after the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Retaining child care businesses and non-profit operations
- Starting up new child care enterprises
- Expanding existing child care businesses and non-profit operations
- Routinely incorporating licensable child care spaces into new housing and commercial developments