Help fund our Basics 4 Babies Program
Basics 4 Babies Program
The Basics 4 Babies Program supplies diapers and wipes for homeless and low-income families in Whatcom County who need to keep their baby clean, dry, and healthy.
- 1 in 3 American families report that they have been in need of diapers
- 3 in 5 parents miss work or school because they cannot afford the diapers required to leave their baby in child care
- Raise $1,200 for this vital community program
- Raise awareness on the importance of diaper access
Your gifts help your neighbors
Every penny helps! Thank you to everyone who is supporting our goal and helping us provide supplies for babies. With your donations, we will distribute about 11,000 diapers in Whatcom County per year.
How can you help?
- ONLINE: Click the button above
- MAIL: PO Box 2134 Bellingham, WA 98227-2134
- IN-PERSON: 1111 Cornwall Ave Bellingham, WA*
*Due to limited storage space, monetary donations are highly encouraged. However, material donations (diapers and wipes) are welcomed. All material donations must be packaged or unopened. Donations can be dropped off at the Opportunity Council’s 1111 Cornwall Ave location.
What are the ‘basics’?
- Each pack includes 2-3 days worth of supplies:
- 15 diapers
- Pack of wipes
Did you know?
- Children require 8-12 diapers each day, averaging $80 per month
- The only federal assistance program that can be used for diapers is TANF, but TANF dollars need to cover other expenses as well
- Most child care centers require parents to leave a minimum of 10 disposable diapers daily, forcing some parents to miss work or school