Reconsidering your Medicare Advantage Plan?
From January 1st to March 31st, take advantage of the Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period!
While the annual Open Enrollment Period (October 15th – December 7th) recently ended, there may be another opportunity to adjust your 2022 Medicare coverage:
During the Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period (January 1st – March 31st), you CAN:
- Switch to a different Medicare Advantage Plan
- Drop your Medicare Advantage Plan & switch back to Original Medicare & Part D coverage (stand-alone Medicare drug plan)
This period DOES NOT ALLOW you to:
- Switch from Original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage Plan.
- Join a separate Medicare drug plan if you only have Original Medicare.
- Switch from one Medicare drug plan to another if you’re in Original Medicare.
You can only make one change during this period, & any changes you make will be
effective the first of the month after the plan gets your request. If you’re returning
to Original Medicare & joining a separate Medicare drug plan, you don’t need to
contact your Medicare Advantage Plan to disenroll. The disenrollment will happen
automatically when you join the drug plan
Don’t know where to start with Medicare?
You’ve come to the right place:
- Review our FREE reference materials
- Attend FREE informational SHIBA event REGISTER)
- Request a FREE remote 1-on-1 counseling appointment with a trained SHIBA volunteer:
SHIBA advisors can help you with:
- Understanding the various aspects of Medicare such as benefits, enrollment, costs, plan differences, and more.
- Evaluating, comparing, and enrolling in options available in Whatcom County as approved by the Office of the Insurance Commissioner.
- Screening and enrolling in cost-saving programs such as Extra Help, Medicare Savings Programs, and prescription assistance options.
- Reporting fraud, complaints, grievances, and appeals to the OIC or your insurance company.
- Connecting to adjacent services and assistance at other agencies and programs such as SSA, CMS, DSHS, HCA, VA, PEBB, WA HealthPlanFinder, Northwest Regional Council, etc.
Public SHIBA presentations and seminars are available to your group or organization. Please contact us with inquiries at (360) 788-2725.