WHATCOM County – Opportunity Council’s Energy Assistance program will hold outreach events this summer for people to apply for grants to help pay Puget Sound Energy (PSE) or Cascade Natural Gas (CNG) bills.
Grants may be credited to accounts and used as needed for future energy bills. Walk-ins are encouraged and there is no need to make a prior appointment. To qualify, your household must be a PSE or CNG customer with an active account and be income eligible. Call for more information.
Energy Assistance Staff will be available at the following locations:
- WorkSource, 101 Prospect St. Bellingham, from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. on Mondays through September 10 (except Labor Day holiday, Sept 3).
- DSHS Community Services Office, 4101 Meridian St. Bellingham, from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. on Tuesdays through September 11.
- Goodwill Job Training Center & Thrift Store, 1115 E Sunset Dr. Bellingham, from 12 p.m.- 4 p.m. on Wednesdays through September 12.
- Ferndale Library on August 23 from 10 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Lynden Library on August 30 from 10 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
If unable to attend an outreach event, appointments may be available by calling our Energy Assistance Line.
For more information, call (360) 255-2191, Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Distributed to Whatcom media outlets.