You may be eligible for expanded energy assistance.
Use the “Request for COVID Energy Assistance” form below if you are a Whatcom or Island County resident who needs additional help with energy bills. This includes people who:
- are requesting additional LIHEAP energy assistance (all heat sources), and
- already received energy assistance (since October 2019), or
- do not qualify for regular energy assistance (for Cascade Natural Gas-CNG customers only).
If you have NOT received energy assistance since October 2019 and you think you may be eligible, please call to be screened for regular energy assistance:
- Whatcom County residents, call (360) 255-2192 or schedule an appointment online
- Island county residents, call (360) 679-6577
- San Juan County residents, contact your nearest Family/Community Resource Center:
- San Juan Island Family Resource Center, (360) 378-5246
- Orcas Community Resource Center, (360) 376-3184
- Lopez island Family Resource Center, (360) 468-4117