You may be eligible for expanded energy assistance.

Use the “Request for COVID Energy Assistance”  form below if you are a Whatcom or Island County resident who needs additional help with energy bills.  This includes people who:

  • are requesting additional LIHEAP energy assistance (all heat sources), and
  • already received energy assistance (since October 2019), or
  • do not qualify for regular energy assistance (for Cascade Natural Gas-CNG customers only).

If you have NOT received energy assistance since October 2019 and you think you may be eligible, please call to be screened for regular energy assistance:

  • Whatcom County residents, call (360) 255-2192 or  schedule an appointment online
  • Island county residents, call (360) 679-6577
  • San Juan County residents, contact your nearest Family/Community Resource Center:
    • San Juan Island Family Resource Center, (360) 378-5246
    • Orcas Community Resource Center, (360) 376-3184
    • Lopez island Family Resource Center, (360) 468-4117