CCR&R is your trusted source of
support, assistance, information and education on operating a quality child care business.
We offer free and low-cost services designed to enhance the quality of all licensed child
care programs. Support and training is offered by experienced, knowledgeable professionals
and tailored to your needs. We help start and sustain your child care business, including
referring your program to families seeking child care. We promote policies that support the
early learning system and partner with other agencies to increase the availability of resources
- Opportunity Council Training Calendar – Access the Department of Early Learning’s MERIT website to see current CCR&R trainings.
- Mandatory Subsidy Billing Training– For all Family Child Care and License-Exempt providers who accept DSHS child care subsidies (must be completed by June 30, 2013)
- Washington Scholarships – A comprehensive scholarship program that supports child care providers.
- Provider Appreciation Day (English) – State of Washington Proclamation signed by Governor Gregoire (in English).
- Provider Appreciation Day (Spanish) – State of Washington Proclamation signed by Governor Gregoire (in Spanish).
- Indicators of High-Quality Child Care – A review of the six (6) indicators of high-quality programs and providers.
- Starting and Running a Family Child Care Program – Information about getting started, business issues, facilities, and equipment specific to family child care homes.
- Starting and Running a Center Program – Information about getting started, business issues, facilities and equipment specific to child care centers.
- Communicating with Parents – Communication tips, tools, and techniques.
- Health – Conditions that may affect children in early care and education programs (e.g., SIDS, Shaken Baby Syndrome, Abuse and Neglect, etc.)
- Safety – Concerns relevant to early care and education programs (e.g., nursery, vehicle, outdoor, etc.)
- Nutrition – Information about serving meals and child nutrition programs (USDA and CACFP).
- Funding – Public, and private funding options.
- Subsidy Information – Help your clients access financial assistance programs
Needs – Early Intervention program, talking with parents / families about concerns, and insurance information.
- Professional Development, Program Opportunities and S.T.A.R.S. Training – Classes, workshops, and trainings held in Island, San Juan, and Whatcom Counties.
- Preschool Theme Kits from Opportunity Council – Curricula and materials available to check out via Opportunity Council.
- Preschool Theme Kits from Your Public Library – Curricula and materials available to check out via public libraries.
Child care providers can also update their records by completing and submitting a Provider Update Form, via mail, email, fax, or in person.
CCR&R has created on online-community
on Facebook for early childhood educators! You can post questions or comments for CCR&R and/or fellow child care
providers in Island, San Juan, and Whatcom Counties.
We offer a
variety of information and services for child care providers. Just some of the
services we can help you with include:
- Referring parents who are seeking child care to your programs
- Training programs and workshops on many topics of interest
- Food and nutrition programs for child care providers
- Resources through our lending library
- Information on state licensing and regulations
To request or register for trainings, please call or email us using the information below.